I have had several requests about what Buddhist studies are available in Nepal, here is the result of my research:
- Center for Buddhist Studies (http://www.cbs.edu.np)
The center offers BA and MA and is recognized by Kathmandu University (www.ku.edu.np).
The course take place in the Rangjung Yeshe Institute (www.shedra.org).
Where: in the Bouddhanath area of Kathmandu, a very lively Tibetan community
- International Buddhist Academy (www.internationalbuddhistacademy.org)
Several "one month" options from May to September
Where: Bouddhanath area
- Rigpa Shedra (www.rigpashedra.org)
(Dzogchen, Nyingma lineage)
They have a 3 month winter-spring program (already full for 2013!)
Where: In Pharping, a small village a few miles west of Kathmandu
- Kopan Monastery (www.kopanmonastery.com)
Many option but the most popular is the one month Lam Rim course in November each year.
Where: A few miles north of Bouddhanath
- Pullahari Monastery (http://www.jamgonkongtrul.org)
A very popular 2 month program from Jan 7 to March 7 but also a 5 year philosophy program for the more advanced students!
Where: In Tinchuli, a few minutes walk East of Bouddhanath
- Shechen Monastery (www.shechen.org)
A 9 year program (MA and PhD equivalent), for serious students!
Where: In Bouddhanath area
Let's turn the Wheel of Dharma!
With Love and Light